Countless questions

 Do I love you?


You expect me to say yes, but no. 
I lose myself in your eyes every time I look at you. Your smile is so magnificent that the sunrise loses its charm. Your voice is endlessly sweet, and limitless is the path my heart is willing to follow to reach yours. I love you as if my life depends on this love. I prioritize you because my happiness is a reflection of yours, and here, I place my life in your hands.

Why is my heart racing every time our skin brushes?
 Why does my Richter scale break down every time you touch me?
 You have this effect on me that I cannot explain, and sometimes I try to express myself, but my words remain silent as if speaking would kill my feelings. So let me express myself with my eyes. They say they have never seen such a beautiful creature as you under the heavens, haters be damned.

If my heart only beat for you, why are these words sometimes so cold?
 If my soul sought only you, why these silences, these unspoken words, these whys?
 If I didn't see my reflection in your eyes, why these doubts, these fears?
 If your hand in mine wasn't a secret, why these shadows, these steps back?
 But you see, my love, if I am like this, it is because love is an infinite path. And if sometimes I stumble, I beg you to believe in this heart that beats only for you, my dear.

If your absence didn't carve this void in me, why does my soul, in secret, guide itself towards the memories of your laughter and your steps, in the distant echo of our joys of yesteryear? 
If your silence was just a simple oversight, why does my heart, stubbornly, resurface towards the faint hope of a word, a look, in the feverish wait for a new beginning?
 If your image didn't haunt my sleepless nights, why does my mind, enamored with your candid colors, cling to the idea that tomorrow, your eyes will meet mine, erasing all sorrow? 
So tell me, why this torture, if my love for you was just an imposture? 
Why does your absence hurt me so much, if in my heart, your name wasn't singing?

Do I love you?

You expected me to say yes, but no. Now you know.

And you?
 Do you love me? Will you know how to make me happy?
 Will you know how to rid me of all this insecurity that prevents me from completely surrendering to you?
 Will you know how to restore the confidence I had before?

I want to feel invincible, irreplaceable. Will you know how to rekindle this fire in me? 
Will you find answers to all these questions in my mind? 
Can you sweep away all this pessimism in me and all these traumas of the past?

Tell me, do you love me?



                                                                                         Himy❤🥀

Commentaires

Posts les plus consultés de ce blog

In the Space Between Us

Truth or Dare

Loving you quietly