Loving you quietly
Two o’clock in the morning,
eyes fixed on the ceiling,
my mind everywhere
and nowhere at once.
Thoughts tangle.
Sleep stays distant.
And still,
all I crave is you.
I picture your brown eyes,
the ones I fell into
without knowing how to swim.
I loved them so deeply
I forgot how to see anyone else.
Cruel, isn’t it
how beauty can undo you so gently?
I felt your soul
and something in me leaned toward it,
as if it had always known the way.
Now every inch of distance
carries weight.
Your voice,
a melody I reach for in silence,
even as I resist
calling your name this late.
So I hold myself together.
Let the feeling exist
without placing it in your hands.
Because love,
like faith,
sometimes asks for quiet,
for patience,
for trust without proof.
It’s heavy,
carrying it alone.
But maybe that’s what love does,
teaches you how to endure
what you once thought impossible.
I love your darkness
as much as your light.
Tell me every terrible thing
you’ve ever done,
I would not turn away.
Just don’t keep me
at a distance
when I could be
the place you rest.
I dreamed of you
before I ever knew your name.
And when we met,
it felt less like beginning
and more like remembering.
I wasn’t searching for love.
Still, I found you.
And I live,
truly live,
By experiencing the privilege
of loving you.
If death found me tonight,
I’d ask for nothing more
than to rest in your shadow,
so when the world forgets me,
something of me
remains beside you.
If only you could see yourself
through my eyes.
You would understand
why I fall silent in your presence,
why my heart fills
with unsaid things.
You would understand
why I believe in something greater
because you feel deliberate,
as if you were made
with intention,
with care,
with knowing.
If only you could see yourself
through my eyes.
I ask nothing in return.
Loving you is enough.
To have known you,
to have felt alive
in your presence,
that is my joy.
And I will carry it,
quietly,
always.
Good night.
Himy 🖤🥀
A very good one definately man 👍🏻
RépondreSupprimerKeep at it!
I like the text❤️ it’s both beautiful and sad🥀
RépondreSupprimerWow, beautiful and very well executed piece.
RépondreSupprimer